The Fleur-de-Lys motifs can be stencilled in a random pattern for a more modern interpretation (see top right); or stencilled either singly or in regularly spaced pattern repeats for more traditional and classic effects, which suit this motif well.
Above – Two different sized motifs repeated in rows using the grid system mentioned left – stencilled in Alba Rose and Indian Purple Stencil Paint on a white background.
To stencil in geometric rows or grids, use a wide spirit level, ruler and pencil to lightly mark up a grid on the surface being stencilled, with both horizontal and vertical guides and then simply stencil on the different axis points, alternating between sizes at regular intervals, as shown here.
This theme pack comprises 6 fleur-de-lys motifs on 4 sheets, with sizes as listed below:
1. 20cm (8″) tall x 16cm (6 1/4″) wide
2. 15cm (6″) tall x 11.5cm (4 1/2″) wide
3. 10cm (4″) tall x 7.5cm (3″) wide
4. 7.5cm (3″) tall x 5.7cm (2 1/4″) wide
5. 5cm (2″) tall x 4cm (1 1/2″) wide
6. 2.7cm (1″) tall x 2cm (3/4″) wide
Left – the 4 sheets of this theme pack.